Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome...into our lives!

March 2, 2009- Welcome Hailey Marie, daughter of Patrick's brother and wife, and sister to Zack. They waited a long time for this addition and are truly blessed.

Another new addition to our lives is my breast surgeon. I was lucky to get an appointment with her just 4 days after getting the 'C' news. I will admit, there is a part of me that was hoping she would look at the films and say what a big mistake the radiologist had made. No such luck. Instead, I received another breast examination and a lengthy conversation on my options. I was told that there were 4 areas of concern, 1 that was confirmed invasive ductal carcinoma and 3 that looked suspiciously like the cancerous tumor.

Option #1-lumpectomy=2 more biopsies + lumpectomy + 6 weeks of daily radiation + chance of chemotherapy. Option #2- masectomy= loss of breast + chance of chemotherapy. The choice was obvious after hearing about the radiation...just take the breast. The thought of going through 6 straight weeks of radiation really unnerved and scared me. If I could avoid it I would. I did agree to think about the 2 options for Patrick. He doesn't understand how I can so easily give up a body part. Sleep-deprived and talking to a few woman at UC he finally came to grips that woman just do not care about the boobs, gazanga's, ta-ta's and whatever else our darling men call them.

Decision made....next on the list...plastic surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment