Friday, August 14, 2009

It's time to move on....

I received the news that all club members want to hear, "It's time to get on with your life". I met with the Oncologist today, had some blood work done and talked about the next step in this journey. How is a person supposed to do this? Not a day goes by that I do not think about the cancer and worry that it will show its ugly head again.

I wrapped up my fourth and final chemo treatment July 23rd. I haven't done an email update since my first treatment on May 21, when I was truly upbeat and ready to conquer the world...or, at least the cancer beast inside me. In one of my conversation's with my sister, she encouraged me to write about my experiences. I did write, but in a journal. I thought I would try something new and started this blog. It will be a little easier to update you all, my family and friends. The bonus is: you have the choice to follow the blog....or not.

Over time I will try and fill in some of the blanks from the past 2 months. The days went pretty fast, working just about everyday and running around with the boys' baseball at night. The constant motion, always having to be somewhere is what got me through the roller-coaster of chemo. Go, go, go doesn't give you too much time to think....just what the doctor ordered for me.

Back to my wonderful oncologist. After a grueling 2 1/2 hour wait, with nothing to read but the same magazines I have read over and over (maybe this will teach me to bring my own book, duh), I finally reached the end, no more chemo. I have decided that my new birthday is March 23, the day I became cancer free. Next Thursday I will start a 5 year course of Tamoxifen, which decreases the odds of recurrence. Whether he likes it or not, this Doc and I are going to become bosom buddies, catching up every 3 months, keeping me fit and healthy.

BOUNCE-Nothing is going to keep me down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment